RE: [CH] Burning Love

Riley J. McIntire (Riley@ChileGarden.com)
Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:35:27 -0800

Dave Drum wrote:
> Riley J. McIntire wrote:
>> On 12/27/06, Dave Drum <dirty_dave@chillicooks.org> wrote:

>>> If your digestive system is working properly it breaks down the cap
>>> as it progresses through your digestive tract. Anyone who does get
>>> ROF on a consistent basis from chilies should hie themselves to a
>>> croaker they trust to get checked out.

>> Try this. Quite eating chiles for a month, then go on a binge and
>> report

> Quit eating chilies? That ain't gonna happen for a start. How else
> would I keep my sinuses clean, free-running and sweet smelling? Other
> than Chinese-style mustard, that is.

Not even in the interest of Science? Oh well, didn't think you'd go for it!

>> back. Or, assuming you're not some exhibitionistic masochist doing
>> shots of Insanity Sauce all day, well, try a  shot of Insanity Sauce
>> or equivalent and let us know. :D I'll bet you feel it both ends.

> I don't do that macho crap of "I can eat anything hotter than you".

Me too. But sometimes I amaze the uninitiated.

> OTOH, I go to Thai restaurants which do dishes Thai hot - if you ask
> and they know you can handle it.

We have a neighborhood restaurant run by a Thai family that does some pretty
nice stuff. Decent heat, but nothing over the top. Got to know the
waitresses a few years back when we were growing our own. A couple times we
brought in some various chiles, Choc Habs, Aji Amarillos, Aji Limons, stuff
like that. Gave them some, and asked the chef to add some to our food.
Anyway, one day in the parking lot one of the owners, the Chef's wife, comes
up to me and asks in a very hurt tone "Our food isn't hot enough for you?" I
assured her it was, and we just wanted to share the bounty with people that
appreciated chiles.

As for ROF, well, I know what it is, and only get it when I've exceeded some
sort of limit in quantity or quality. Long time ago. ;-)

Riley
--
"Be who you are and say what you feel,
because those who mind don't matter