Re: [CH] World's hottest chile

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:25:36 -0600

Tina Brooks wrote:

> And dumping this whole thing off onto the Indian
> Scientists, because they ignored him is ridiculous at
> this point, because Dr. Bosland has had FIVE years to
> say, oh, hey, we think maybe the scientists might have
> been right. He stayed entirely mute, on the subject.

After saying that he could not duplicate their results. And those same
  Indian "scientists" could/would not supply seed to back-up their
claims - citing military security ... which sounds much like a lot of
the clap-trap coming out of George III's White House in Washington DC.

> Dr. Bosland is one of the most respected pepper
> experts in the world, his silence this last five years
> speaks more loudly to me than his vague suggestion
> that perhaps the Indians did something out of the
> ordinary.

I might also point out that the long ago and far away suspect pepper
was the Naga Jolika and this current version is the Bhut Jolika. I
suspect that it prolly took most of the 5 years for the Asians to get
that sucker to breed true so that they could provide seed, etc. to the
world. I think you are starting at boojums and dust bunnies. It really
isn't all a vast conspiracy, Senator McCarthy.

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

Anybody caught selling macrame in public should be dyed a natural
color and hung out to dry. -- Calvin Trillin