Re: [CH] Bill's Hab/Lime Bread

KnoxBill (knoxbill@comcast.net)
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 20:27:24 -0400

jim@wildpepper.com wrote:
> For the fast woman :-)
>
> 3/4 cup water
> juice of two limes
> 1 & 1/2 tsp olive oil
> 1 tsp salt
> 3 tsp honey
> 1 & 1/2 Tbs sugar
> 3 habaneros minced
> 1 & 1/2 tsp powdered milk
> Zest of two limes
> 3 cups bread flour
> 2 tsp yeast
>

> Looks like a recipe for a bread machine becauce it includes the notes
> for settings:  rapid, medium crust
>

> Hey, ol' Doug- this counts as my recipe for the year!!
>
> -Jim
> http://www.StepUpForCharity.org

wish i could take credit for it...got it from the archives and the
credits on the original are:

"This was a big hit at the September Hotluck at Jim McGrath's 9/28/97.

Posted By: Babs Woods Date Posted:Sun, 12 Oct 1997 21:48:07"

you might have to play around with the moisture a bit...but the concept
is good...obviously, the number of habs can be adjusted, but like this
there is a bit of heat in the back of the throat, but it is still
moderate enough to please most everyone...this has more lime in it than
the original, so you get the aroma of the lime, the taste of the lime, a
bit of honey taste  then the light hab finish...your habs may be
stronger or weaker than mine...

had a great time...as usual, too much food and too little time...the
thomases are gracious hosts...and when you meet steve and elizabeth, you
immediately know why they are such close friends of jim and
abby...thanks to all, and look forward to next year...

--

knoxbill

Philosophy:  A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.
                           -- Ambrose Bierce