Re: [CH] How long will this Insanity go on?

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 11:41:28 -0700 (PDT)

John,

We cut our Red Savina sauce with Mangoes (if you can
call that "cutting". It really brings out the sweet
flavour of the Savina.

I personally hate extracts. There has to be a better
way to get heat into food without adding chemicals.

Tina

--- Hobby Farmer <hobbyfarmer@t-one.net> wrote:

> John Sphar wrote:
> > Is there anyone out there who appreciates the
> sauces without the extract
> > enhancement?  I like all of them, but I prefer
> those without.  And I never
> > use them in preparation (OK well maybe I DID make
> Doug's cookies a couple
> > times...).  I usually make bottles of red savina
> for home use and giveaway
> > purposes, some with only vinegar or lime juice and
> salt, some with sauteed
> > onions and carrots, but this year I'm going to try
> Jolokia hot sauce with no
> > extract.  Since there is no Belize in the Jolokia
> chile, any ideas on what
> > to cut the chile sauce with for a milder sauce?
> How about black mustard
> > seeds, methi, cardamom, etc?
> >
> > John
>
> Red Savina sauces are great with lots of garlic.  As
> to cutting
> heat, carrots, as you said you have used is some
> sauces, seems to
> temper a sauce.  Also, sweets seem to cut the heat.
> We have used
> sugar, honey, mangos and peaches with good results.
> If we are going
> for flavor, not blistering heat, we use less chiles
> and more filler.
>   That back-of-the-throat warmth from the Chinense
> varieties is more
> fun if it sneaks up on you.
>
> Let us know how the Jolokia sauce comes out, and how
> the pepper's
> flavor is, if you can get past the heat.  We are
> growing the Dorset
> Naga this year as our try at an ultra hot chile.
>
> Hobby Farmer

=====

Tina Brooks
VP Marketing, Peppermaster Hot Sauces