Re: [CH] How long will this Insanity go on?

dan combs (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Thu, 26 Apr 2007 21:37:12 -0400

At 07:11 PM 4/26/2007, jim@wildpepper.com wrote:
>Your understanding is correct- it is a natural substance that doesn't
>naturally occur.
>
>Thousands of pounds of chiles are ground up, A VOC is added, they're
>steeped, the VOC is evaporated off & re-used, the oil extracted and then
>diulted according to needs.

I've just finished an unlabeled Mild-To-Wild habenero-onion mix I
must've misplaced a couple of years ago when Rev. Jim gave it to
me.  It was like MTW Ralph's Revenge, but hotter (But this is totally
subjective as Ralph's is the hottest named sauce I ever et)   Dave's
and the chemical extracts leave a bitter aftertaste for me and since
those are so concentrated they aren't much use for things that need
an evenly-spread hot sauce.

Anyways, the habenero-onion mix, of which Ralph's was another
one,  is the berries.  Something in one enhances the other's heat,
plus it is just liquid enough to spread.  If you need something
hotter than that, you also may need counseling for masochism.

Now, if I could just be lucky enough to find another bottle...

"Calling Franklin...Calling Franklin..."

;-)

carp