[CH] Re: world's hottest pepper, et al.

Ted Wagner (trwagner1@yahoo.com)
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 06:29:04 -0700 (PDT)

hey George!  Ah, yes, I remember that well.  I woke up later that day and forgot how I got back...  Never have done ANYTHING close to that since and glad for it too!  Actually, I don't think we'd be dead if we were chileheads back then...I think we'd be more refined with a "chile educated palate" and partial to bhut jolokia and red savinas.  hahahahahaha

 Speaking of adult beverages, I made a note on the MSN group, I need to save up some money to get the bourbon transformed into my "Hoosier Mint Julep".  We polished that off in the group last year mostly on Friday night.  A few drops left on Saturday.  ;)  But, need to get some more refined bourbon this year instead of plain ol' JB.  I'm partial to Knob Creek and Maker's Mark...so, it'll be a toss up.  Plus, I will use a mix of chiles this year instead of just bulgarian carrot.  I will also probably use a mix of the mint from my yard.  The mint patch is now "mated" with all the different varieties intertwined like Medusa's hair.

 My wife is still saying she's going to Open Fields with me, so it will be interesting.  ;)  She's making up a noodle peanut sambal this weekend with chile's from the garden.

 Well, I wish I could go to JG.  That weekend coincides with my daughter's birthday.  So, my commitments are pretty solid until she's all grown up!  ;)

 Ted

 ***
 Hot Sauce by Ted - One of a kind gourmet hot sauce sold for charity
 http://www.trwagner.org/hotsauce/
 ***
 Take the guess work out of picture hanging!
 http://www.hanggup.com
 ________________
 Ephesians 2:8-10

 ----- Original Message ----
 From: George A. Starkey <gstarkey@kdlegal.com>
 To: Chile-Heads Digest <owner-chile-heads-digest@globalgarden.com>; chile-heads-digest@globalgarden.com
 Cc: trwagner1@yahoo.com
 Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2007 8:55:27 AM
 Subject: Re: world's hottest pepper, et al.

 Dunno if this will make it to the list, let's see...

 Around here, in the hills of northeastern India, it's called the "bhut
 jolokia" - the "ghost chili." Anyone who has tried it, they say, could
 end
 up an
he says
 End  Quote

 "Forever"? Weren't chilis indigenous to the Western Hemisphere, only
 transplanted and adopted after the plunder of the New World in the 16th
 Century?  And Jim, will you have a row available at Open Fields? ;)

 By the way, who all is going to Jungle Jim's(no relation to our beloved
 J.C.) Market for the Hot Festival in Cincinnatti this (aug.4) weekend?
 www. junglejims.com

 Now, a heartwarming story about college stupidity at Indiana University,
 starring Ted and I.

 (Sorry Ted, but if we'd had chili peppers at that age, we'd be dead now)

 It involved a couple quarts of sparkling apple cider, a fifth of
 Seagrams 7, and two shot glasses. To make a long story short, Ted and I
 killed the fifth of Seagrams and the two bottles of cider in under 45
 minutes. Before we even had the chance to get a good buzz, we went in
 the dorm bathroom to relieve ourselves. Things were ok, then all of a
 sudden, we looked at each other in surprised panic, then ran for the
 stalls, where we proceeded to "refund" all of the booze and apple cider
 chasers.  The best part of that was, we were LAUGHING our heads off.
 Even at the time, we'd grasped the absurdity of the situation, and in a
 sort of out of body way, were laughing at the whole concept.  I fell
 back into my dorm room, and eventually passed out on the floor snuggling
 with my army duffle that was full of university-issue one sheet toilet
 tissue (that's another whole story as to why I had that), and Ted
 trudged across campus to his apartment.  Ah, the halcyon days of youth!!

 George A. Starkey
 Records Management Clerk

 Krieg DeVault LLP
 One Indiana Square
 Suite 2800
 Indianapolis, IN 46204-2079
 mail: gstarkey@kdlegal.com
 www: www.kriegdevault.com
 tel: 317-636-4341 x.6446
 fax: 317-636-1507

 Krieg DeVault LLP - Named A "Best Place to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce

 CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
 This e-mail message is for the sole use of the recipient(s) and may contain confidential and priv
y unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. IRS Circular 230 Notice: Advice rendered in this communication, including attachments, on U.S. tax issues (i) is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed by the IRS on taxpayers, and (ii) may not be used or referred to in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity, investment plan or arrangement. This notice is intended to comply with Section 10.35 of IRS Circular 230, which is located at http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/pcir230.pdf. For more information about this notice and IRS Circular 230 see
 http://www.kriegdevault.com/CM/Custom/TOCNewsletters.asp.