Re: [CH] (OT) The Half Wit

Ted Wagner (trwagner1@yahoo.com)
Mon, 6 Aug 2007 12:26:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hmmm, that bottle of bourbon and the description you give sounds like me.  But, sounds like I'm getting over-paid.

 I'm gonna have to lay off that half-wit with all these budget cuts...maybe I'll just give him the bottle of bourbon each week.  ;-)

 Ted

 ***
 Hot Sauce by Ted - One of a kind gourmet hot sauce sold for charity
 http://www.trwagner.org/hotsauce/
 ***
 Take the guess work out of picture hanging!
 http://www.hanggup.com
 ________________
 Ephesians 2:8-10

 ----- Original Message ----
 From: Linda Hutchinson <lipant@sympatico.ca>
 To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
 Sent: Monday, August 6, 2007 2:47:53 PM
 Subject: [CH] (OT) The Half Wit

 I just had to send this thinking of all the times Jim C and John H have said
 this about themselves.

 Linda

 A man owned a small apple farm in Washington State. An agent of The
 Washington State Wage & Hour Board dropped by, on a routine check to see
 if he was paying proper wages to his help.

 "I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," said the
 agent.

 "Well," replied the farmer, "There's my farm hand who's been with me for
 3 years. I pay him $600 a week plus free room and board. Then there's
 the cook. She's been here for 18 months, and I pay her $500 per week
 plus free room and board."

 "Finally there's a half-wit who works 18 hours every day and does about
 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $30 a week, pays his own
 room and board, and I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night."

 "That's the guy I want to talk to, the half-wit," says the agent.

 "That would be me." replied the farmer.

 Linda
 Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me - I want people
 to know WHY I look this way: I've traveled a long way and some of the
 roads weren't paved.