Re: [CH] Texas chili

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Sat, 15 Sep 2007 19:20:53 -0500

Riley J. McIntire wrote:

> Hmmm, 'cept for the chiles I'd call that a Kansas City taco.

>>For the high-brow eater, a dollop of sour cream might go well on
>>top though.

> Really, use a corn tortilla instead of corn bread...

>>How did this simple treat get so complicated?

> Ask a simple question around here and that's what you get. For that matter,
> no one's answered the question whether Jardine's Bag o'Fixins Kit is any
> good. Not that it matters any more, I'll make it from scratch. :-/

Hell, Riley - the Jardine's stuff is OK and will make a decent bowl of
red used according to the directions. It's put up by the same guy who
packages Carrol Shelby's, Wick Fowler's, and Frank X Tolbert's chilli
mixes. One or more of which come in two alarm and three alarm versions.

Beenz or no beenz according to your taster. Just don't cook 'em in
with the chilli as one or 't other will be ruint. I like a can of El
Rancho Black Beans in my chilli once in a while for a change of pace.

Never use kidney beenz in chilli - red (cranberry) beenz, pink beenz,
pinto beenz, black beenz, brown beenz ... even Navy beenz if you're
desperate. But no kidley beenz and no green beenz, wax beenz or lentils.

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

There are two things that will be believed of any man whatsoever, and
one of them is that he has taken to drink.  -- Booth Tarkington