Re: [CH] "Thai hot" confusion :-) (fwd)

Jonathan Smillie (jonathan.smillie@gmail.com)
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:59:17 -0400

Regarding hab temperature - I think a good bit of it has to do with
climate and weather. Two years ago my habs were fine; last year all my
plants died of a fungal infection after a long cold spring here in
southern Indiana. This year, I've had a bumper crop of orange habs, and
they have full-force heat and flavor. Of course, we've had a very dry
and a very hot summer, perfect conditions for stressing the chiles.

As far as "Thai Hot" goes - I have two restaurants in the vicinity that
understand what that means. Otherwise they just wink and nod and assume
the round-eyes can't take it - and don't get any more of my business...

Jonathan