Fwd: Re: [CH] Planting

Grant Cameron (Grant.Cameron@rbg.vic.gov.au)
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:44:13 +1000

Ah yes, the Melbourne seedlings have just gone into the prop mix and the annual battle against the snails and slugs has begun.

Hey Jim, are you coming to Melbourne next year for Haggis' festival?

cheers
grant

>>> "Linda Hutchinson" <lipant@sympatico.ca> Wednesday, 26 September 2007 22:15 >>>
Me too, Dale, only I am in soon-to-be-cold Toronto, doing some hydroponic
gardening, and I have seedlings up for 4 kinds of peppers. As well I have an
indoor curry plant, a full size chiletepin, and 15 kaffir lime seedlings.  I
started those hoping one would give me a good strong plant and instead 22
germinated, and are now waiting to be adopted.

I love the indoor stuff more than outdoor.  I am not able to do the outside
gardening at all right now but my husband does that and I do indoors.

Funny story, I asked him to get me some hot peppers when he went to get
seeds and/or seedlings for tomatoes.
He came back with some and planted them. We watched them grow for abit and
then I thought they looked funny so I went and looked for the pkgs. He had
planted bell peppers!!  So he did go out again but by then all he found was
jalapenos.  Oh well, they did very well this year!

Linda
Toronto Ontario