RE: [CH] Thanksgiving Cranberry Chipotle Compote

John Sphar (chilehead@pacbell.net)
Fri, 23 Nov 2007 09:50:32 -0800

Cointreau is another lower-cost substitute.

John S.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of KnoxBill
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:45 AM
To: JohnT Love2Troll
Cc: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] Thanksgiving Cranberry Chipotle Compote

JohnT Love2Troll wrote:
> Michael,
>
> I'm thinking you might have posted last year, but maybe it was the
> year before.  I remember the shock I received when I purchased the
> Grand Marnier. Yikes!  It was like $35 a bottle.  (I'm a low class
> beer drinker)  Even though I still have enough left for 2 more batches
> I opted to make a special salsa this year.
you can buy little bottles of grand marnier, about a cup, but even those are
about $20...that's what happens to imports when the dollar is in the cellar
and oil is $100 a barrel...you can sub triple sec...it isn't the same, but
it will do the job...and it is stlll fantastic...

--

knoxbill

I woke up a feelin' mean
went down to play the slot machine