Re: [CH] Botulism question.

Jonathan Smillie (jonathan.smillie@gmail.com)
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:27:27 -0500

JohnT wrote:
> Cameron,
>
> I'm on my 2nd FoodSaver and highly recommend.  (my first one still
> works just fine, but doesn't have all the frills such as a hose port
> to vac seal canisters or mason reg & large mouth jars)  If you have a
> Wal*Mart or Sam's Club nearby they both carry at a great price.
> http://www.jardenstore.com/products.aspx?pgsz=9&bid=18&cid=79
>
> jt
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: Cameron Begg

Cameron:

I can second John on the utility of the FoodSaver (it's the one I
recommended to Rael last week). Only thing I have to note about using it
to vacuum-seal bread: it is so efficient that it won't stop with sucking
out the air around the bread - it'll start vacuuming out the air bubbles
inside the bread itself. So watch it carefully when you're using it for
that purpose. I've ended up with some flattened baguettes otherwise.

Jonathan