Re: [CH] Re: Evil corporate types

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 07:02:59 -0500

On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 10:56:13AM +0000, Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> If I were the governor of the Mexican state of Tabasco, I'd be sending
> a letter saying something like "Looks like you're making some good
> money on our name."

If you were the governor of the Mexican state of Tabasco, would you
want to invite a lawsuit AGAINST you (for trademark infringement) by
doing so?   Sadly, no smiley here...I've heard about too many equally
absurd lawsuits....  Boston Brewery/Boston Beer Company (both located
in Boston---one, the one that makes Sam Adams beer, sued the other for
their use of "Boston" ... I'm surprised they didn't sue the city for
the same thing).  Anheiser-Busch takes a trip to Czech., finds a really
great beer named (after translation) Budweiser Budvar.  A-B decides to
name their beer Budweiser...and later sues the Czechs, who had "only"
been using the name for a few centuries before A-B even existed....

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running FreeBSD 6.1 >
spooky130@cox.net    ICBM/Hurricane: 30.39735N 86.60439W

        Do not look into waveguide with remaining eye!