RE: [CH] Re: Evil corporate types

Erich (edowe1@wi.rr.com)
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 23:01:56 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of
jim@wildpepper.com

Subject: Re: [CH] Re: Evil corporate types

... Here in the Mid-west you ask at a restaraunt for a "coke" and they
will
ask you which kind- "Pepsi, Coke, or Dr Pepper".  'Coke' is applied
generically to *any* carbonated soft drink...

-Jim
http://www.StepUpforCharity.org

  Really?  I've always thought that was more of a southern thing???  We
certainly don't hear that up here in the upper Mid-west...  unless we're
talking to a tourist... but then, they don't usually have any reason to
come up this far.  ;-)  I've always thought that was a pretty annoying
thing anyway; be sort of like asking for a beer, and when asked what
style you reply cabernet.

--
Erich
C-H # 2099 & First Lieutenant of the Moderate Corps