Re: Processed food- was Re: [CH] OT me & Bumblebee

H.A. Kantrud (prairiehabanero@usjet.net)
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:06:04 -0500 (CDT)

Having read both, I would say it is fair to suggest that In Defense
essentially builds upon OD.  While the first really exposes you to the ills
of the food industry, whether plant or animal (but particularly corn), the
latest book really tells you to do what you can to avoid the pitfalls and
hype of the industry and leaves you with some simple steps to take in your
own life; Polan's "Manifesto" (which is the subtitle of the book).  I can
simplify that even further by highlighting two:

Don't eat anything your grandmother wouldn't have had to eat in her day,

and

Plant a garden; be responsible for even ONE food item that you consume.

Cheers, all,

H. Alan

--- Get FREE High Speed Internet from USFamily.Net! -- http://www.usfamily.net/mkt-freepromo.html ---