Re: [CH] Bullshit detectors.

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 09:50:03 -0700 (PDT)

Actually... I think I will reply to this onlist, Dave. I rather enjoy being pedantic. You know what they say... The devil is in the details.

With this email, I am not discussing Bumblebee Tuna and the use of extracts. I'm discussing your oddly aggressive behaviour. Onlist, you accused me of posting bullshit about sugar not being bleached... Offlist, you say the exact opposite. Do you read what you write, or was that just a weird offlist apology?

I don't recall saying that anyone used "bleach" in sugar, I said they bleached it and the fact is that they do.

Your words:

"But, if you know anything about sucrose and its refining you would
realise that nearly ALL of it (sucrose) is invloved with bleach of
some kind in its processing. Unless you are an organic chemist you are
essentially clewless as to what constitutes bleach."

I am not an organic chemist but I do know the difference between semantics and bullshit. And it seems to me that you just said that they bleach sugar.

Don't bother to email me offlist anymore Dave, I'm not about to keep it there. I'm not afraid of being embarrassed by your words.

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave Drum <dirty_dave@chillicooks.org>
To: Tina Brooks <shoestring_louise@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 12:08:47 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] Bullshit detectors.

Dear Grunt Cakes ....

Tina Brooks wrote:

> Speaking of bullshit alarms being tripped.

> You don't like what I have to say, disprove it, but don't sit there calling it bullshit until you do.

Already did, Toots. What do you think the e-mail about the sugar was
all about. You were talkijng out your arse about something your had,
at best, skimpy knowledge of. That your statements were erroneous on
their face.

> Who shat in your cornflakes this morning?

I thought you said you were done with this. I know I am about done
with you. You seem to belong to that class of people who, even when
they are not right are NEVER wrong.

> Surely  bleached sugar isn't that important to you.

No. it's not. Being pedantic and calling bullshit bullshit is,
however. I'm done pointing out your obvious and odious errors as you
aren't actually worth the trouble.

But, if you know anything about sucrose and its refining you would
realise that nearly ALL of it (sucrose) is invloved with bleach of
some kind in its processing. Unless you are an organic chemist you are
essentially clewless as to what constitutes bleach.

I am sending this back to you off-list so that you are not further
embarrassed by my destroying your feeble efforts to defend the
indefensible.

--
ENJOY!!!

Home of YAHOOOOAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider

... I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no
principles better than anything else in the world. -- Oscar Wilde