Re: [CH] any suggestions for apple (must be cooked)/cayenne concoction?

JohnT (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Fri, 13 Jun 2008 13:02:53 -0500

Jim,

Apples and heat for sure go together.  I use Granny Smith apples in a lot of
my ferments.  Not exactly what you might be looking for, but here is a
burrito I once made that turned out darned good! You might be able to use
some of the ideas behind it.

From: Love2TrollSent: 4/9/2008 4:52 PM
Apple Pie Burritos

I've done really well at avoiding desserts for the last 6 mos or so. But....

Wilderness Original Country Apple pie filling
Luck's Fried Apple With Cinnamon filling
Cabot Extra Sharp cheddar cheese
Mama Lupe's flour tortillas (burrito size)
Seeded and diced fatalii pods
Croutons

Pretty simple & pretty good. Fatalii pods can be overpowering to me what
with the strong flavor, but worked well in this mix. Cheddar cheese on top
of apple pie is a family fav & I used a full ounce for ea burrito. (remember
that all my burritos are made to be frozen and nuked so strips, chunks,
shredded etc get melted)

The Chatham Village garlic & butter flavored croutons are something that I
often use to soak up juices etc when making burritos. Various stuffing mixes
too. I get 32 oz resealable foil-lined bags croutons at Sam's for abt $6.
They nicely soaked up the pie filling syrup so could roll the burritos.

First time using Mama Loupe's tortilla wraps and very happy with them. A 24
pk at Sam's costs just a little more than the 8 pk of Mission brand that I
usually use. Same procedure... nuke each one for 20 seconds before adding
filling and rolling. Makes them more pliable and at the same time toughens
them up so don't tear when rolling.

Just a trial batch. Used three 15 oz cans Luck's & a couple 21 oz cans
Wilderness to make 10 burritos. I forgot to add a smear of crushed refried
beans to the wrap before rolling. Sounds weird, but I think would work &
will try next time.