Re: [CH] List Future

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 11:07:23 -0500

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:44:42AM -0500, Sandy Olson wrote:

> I, too, would like a more active or hands-on moderator

Hold on a second...I thought this list was unmoderated....  A list
admin and a moderator are two entirely different things.  A moderator
receives all posts and decides which get posted to the list.  A list
admin maintains the system part, and may or may not interact with the
list's content itself...he/she may not even have any interest in the
list's topic whatsoever.  And they are not expected to monitor the
list's discussions...just the systems it rides on.

> Perhaps he's simply too busy to tend to this list

Or perhaps he just isn't subscribed to the list...there is absolutely
no reason to expect him to be...it's not part of a list owner's job.

I've asked this a couple of times, and I'll ask again:  has anyone sent
e-mail to owner-chile-heads asking about these problems?  If not, nobody
has any reason to expect him to do anything about something he doesn't
know about.

> and knows the people here are pretty self-sufficient so he allows
> us to monitor ourselves.

Again, is this list moderated or unmoderated?  And if it's moderated,
how is it that posts go through so quickly at all hours of day or night?
Surely any moderator would have something other than approving posts to
the list to do with their time.

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | "Now what *you* need is a proper pint of
spooky130@cox.net       | porter poured in a proper pewter porter