Re: [CH] That *cursed* list??? :-))

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 13:26:31 -0500

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:25:48AM -0700, Riley J. McIntire wrote:

> But some management is needed, and it's not getting done. If Mike's

...not being notified of problems by an e-mail to the owner-chile-heads
address, it's not his fault.  If that address is a black hole, then we
have a problem.  The last time I had a problem with the list (I'd
forgotten about not using majordomo@globalgarden.com for the confirm
e-mail), I got a prompt response.  That was when I re-subbed to the
list after I got back on the net (after cancer took me away for a while).

> As, I think, Jim G. pointed out, an active list needs _active_
> management.

No, that wasn't me...because I haven't questioned the fact that the list
already HAS a list owner.  I've merely questioned whether he's being
informed by the people having problems that they're having problems.
If he's not, then nobody has any legitimate reason to expect ANYTHING
_from him.

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running FreeBSD 6.1 >
spooky130@cox.net || j.graham@ieee.org  ICBM/Hurr.: 30.39735N 86.60439W

   "Now what *you* need is a proper pint of porter poured in a proper
   pewter porter pot.."     --Peter Dalgaard in alt.sysadmin.recovery