Re: [CH] CH- Poll

JohnT (Love2Troll@kc.rr.com)
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:15:26 -0500

JimC writes:
> Here's my poll:  Who has got what in the ground (chiles) & how's it
> doing?  Haven't even worked up the nerve to go see if I can answer my
> own question yet :-)

Not a darn thing!! Haven't put a plant "in the ground" since '84.

AlexS writes:
> The dill is out of control and the garlic chives are filling the yard
> waste cans.

Dill!!!  Once again I forgot to start a couple dill and tarragon plants.
Planted 4 pickling type cukes this year (they taste terrible!) for
fermenting and forgot that the recipe calls for those herbs.  It cost nearly
$3 ea for tiny, tiny pkgs of a few sprigs. Plus it took 30+ miles and 4
grocery stores to find.  The pickles are worth it though.

Back to peppers....  Got the freshest possible rocoto seeds from CameronB
last fall and the two plants look fantastic.  Blooming nicely, but no pods
set yet.  We are enjoying a rather cool June this year so my fingers are
crossed that will get some pods set before it gets too hot.  Picked a
handful of 2nd year Scotch Bonnets this morning and I see some Datil and a
cayenne type (from Tom Jefferson's garden) starting to turn color.  Really
hoping for a good crop of bird peppers this year.  4 plants going from Ian
(England.. attends O.F.) and 2 second year plants from WillardB (Rogue) that
gave me a handful of tiny pods last year.  (from Monticello too)  Also have
some of my old fav 'pubes doing very well.  So happy to get seeds for my
original 3 rocotos after having lost all my old plants when I got ill and
had given all the seeds away.  Quite a few people responded to my seed
request.

jt