Re: [CH] subscripton..

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:46:06 -0500

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 11:21:09AM -0700, Tina Brooks wrote:
> Well, that's good to hear... in the meantime, I'd still like someone to
> send me the flaky sub instructions, I've a friend who'd like to join.
> :)

First, send an e-mail to chile-heads-request@globalgarden.com with the
word "subscribe" as the body of the message.

NOTE:  If you prefer the digest version, send the above message to
chile-heads-digest-request@globalgarden.com instead.  I'm not sure which
of these two -request addresses you'd use for the auth message (see next
bit), as I've never been on the digest version.

You will receive a message with a subject like this one:

      Subject: Confirmation for subscribe chile-heads

It will say something like this:

      Someone (possibly you) has requested that your
      email address be added to or deleted from the
      mailing list "chile-heads@globalgarden.com".

It will also contain a line that reads "auth [code] subscribe ..."
that instructs you to send a reply to majordomo@globalgarden.com with
that auth line as the body of the message.  Send that reply, but DO NOT
send it to majordomo ... it will bounce.  Instead, send it to the same
address you used before:  chile-heads-request@globalgarden.com.

After that, you will get a welcome message (save all of these for later
reference---I save them to a special folder called "listserv" where I
save all list subscribe/unsubscribe/help info) welcoming you to the list
and giving you some useful reference information.

HTH.

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running FreeBSD 6.1 >
spooky130@cox.net || j.graham@ieee.org  ICBM/Hurr.: 30.39735N 86.60439W