[CH] the chile souffle's was/intro & chile question

Terry Pogue (tpogue@comcast.net)
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:50:37 -0400

On Jun 23, 2008, at 1:10 PM, Brent Thompson wrote:

> Even chile poblano should never
> be forgotten in the flavor department, and sometimes they're even
> pretty hot.  Gee, the thought of that souffle made with ripe rocotos
> seems pretty appealing.
>
> --- Brent

Brent, I made those Individual Serrano Souffles last night. My dinner
guests were wowed! Really, they loved them. I did use two serranos
WITH the seeds and the heat was perfect. Just enough heat for the
company. Plus wonderful flavor. I served them over a small salad.
Curry coated lamb chops when on the plate. Those are dead easy. I won
an apron from the Atlanta Constitution's 5:30 challenge with this
recipe. Five ingredients in under 30 minutes. Here's the drill. Dip
lamb chops in lemon juice, then in a combo on flour and curry powder,
2 parts flour to 1 part curry powder. Fry in a little oil until crispy
and medium rare. I cut two racks of lamb into individual lollypop lamb
chops but you can do it with thick chops seared on the cooktop and
finished in the oven. I served one of Jacques Pepin's easy fruit
desserts with a bit of vanilla ice cream.  We ate on the screened in
porch. Nice.
terry

http://www.terrypogue.com/Terry
"My idea of pure heaven is to spend a day in the kitchen, peeling,
chopping, and stirring while the words of a good book fill the air
around me."
Ruth Reichl