Re: [CH] Disappearance of chile head list

Terry Pogue (tpogue@comcast.net)
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:57:00 -0400

On Jun 27, 2008, at 5:33 PM, J. Patrick Donohoe wrote:

> Does anyone else find it strange that posts regarding chile peppers
> and the like draw little response on this list, while posts
> regarding the minutia of electronic communications open the
> floodgates.
>
> Pat

You are right so here's a recipe for you. I love this stuff and it
could make roof shingles  tasty. It's not hot but the chile flavor is
lovely
terry

Chile Poblano Cream
Recipe By: Susan McDonald

Ingredients

	1		Tomatillos -- skinned, rinsed, and quartered
	8	sprigs	Cilantro -- Parsley if you hate cilantro
	3		Poblano Chiles -- roasted, peeled, seeded
	3	ounces	Cream Cheese -- light if you like
	3	tablespoons	Chicken broth  -- if needed
	2	tablespoons	Safflower oil -- slightly warmed
	 		Lime Juice (fresh) -- to taste
	1/2	teaspoons	Garlic salt -- about 1 small clove of garlic and salt

Instructions

In  processor  blend tomatillo, and cilantro with chillies until
smooth .
Add cream cheese , in several pieces and blend smooth . You may need
to add chicken broth to aid blending
Heat oil and add it to the blender running to help emulsify the
mixture .
Season with lime juice  and garlic salt ( if using fresh garlic add it
with  the
tomatillos )  add additional salt , if desired.

Store refrigerated until ready to use . The cream keeps well for 3-4
for days
Reblend before using , if neccessary.

( 1  prefer to add extra stock than safflower oil  )

Exported from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh

http://www.terrypogue.com/Terry
"My idea of pure heaven is to spend a day in the kitchen, peeling,
chopping, and stirring while the words of a good book fill the air
around me."
Ruth Reichl