Re: [CH] need hot sauce recipe help

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Thu, 3 Jul 2008 11:37:48 -0500

On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 10:32:10AM -0400, Rich Stevens wrote:
> A food mill does a much better and faster job than the sieve and spoon
> method.
> http://www.amazon.com/Cuisipro-Stainless-Steel-Food-Mill/dp/B00004SU1C

That's all nice and everything, but what I have (aside from a limited
budget...very limited) is a $10 food chopper with a broken safety
interlock (now taped in place...no longer a safety device) from the
local Albertsons.  It'll chop about 1/2 cup to a cup of whatever you
squeeze into it.

But why worry about the seeds, anyways?  When I make habanero or tabasco
jelly, I've always kept the seeds in, so why not with hot sauce?

Assuming I can find my test strips (from brewing---may still be in
storage), what pH am I looking for (all I know is "acidic").
(Somehow I suspect I'm going to regret asking that last question....)

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running FreeBSD 6.1 >
spooky130@cox.net    ICBM/Hurricane: 30.39735N 86.60439W

        Do not look into laser with remaining eye!