Re: [CH] time for another batch of hot sauce...and another question

Ron Levi (ronlevi@pacbell.net)
Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:00:39 -0700 (PDT)

According to Wikipedia:

Annatto, sometimes called Roucou, is a derivative of the achiote trees of tropical regions of the Americas, used to produce a red food coloring and also as a flavoring. Its scent is described as "slightly peppery
with a hint of nutmeg" and flavor as "slightly sweet and peppery".
Annatto is produced from the reddish pulp which surrounds the seed of the achiote (Bixa orellana L.). It is used in many cheeses (e.g., Cheddar, Red Leicester, and Brie), margarine, butter, rice, smoked fish and custard powder.

 Warmest Regards,

Ron Levi
Innuendo Enterprises LLC
www.innuendofoods.com

Makers of Award Winning Specialty Food Products
Wholesale - Private Label - Co-pack - Consulting

CONFIDENTIALITY

This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message. It is the recipient's responsibility to scan this e-mail and any attachments for viruses.