RE: [CH] Smoker question

John Sphar (chilehead@pacbell.net)
Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:14:49 -0700

Just the dude I need to talk to. It IS a Traeger I'm talking about. Moving
the meat toward the front of the rack (closer to you) or toward the back of
it (away from you -- if you're standing in the front), is that what you
mean? And that's cuz there is more smoke there or because it's hotter there?

Oh, and with burgers (chile-burgers, of course) don't you want to use direct
heat for them so you know the fat's melting off? (and just to hear the
sizzle).

John S.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of Douglas Barnhart
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 1:37 PM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] Smoker question

Being that I Sold Over 500 Traeger Grills and HAd A BBQ Take-out Shop for
two yrs, I Can Tell you that you Can Smoke chiles With 12 types of wood very
well and Yes You Can Grill Meats At 450* In 10min Just Bring your meats to
the front or back of the grilling  Surface.
I Made Tons Of Smoked Habs & Jals & Lemon Drops Too Upon which i Put into My
Sauces!
I Smoked My Peppers at 150~180* Split or whole,Till dried then Ground to a
powder!
I Made all my Cooked Food In My Traeger Based Units with the Least ammount
of Fuss and clean-up!
Any More Q's Let Me Know!
Doug Of the Ranks of The Barnharts! ;-)