Re: [CH] Moderate Salsa

Linda Hutchinson (lipant@sympatico.ca)
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:42:01 -0400

Has anyone ever seen Ro*tel for sale in Canada? I love it and buy it
whenever we go over, but the last time was 2 years ago.

Linda

----- Original Message -----
From: JohnT
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: [CH] Moderate Salsa

ROTEL Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies is darned acceptable.  I prefer the
original. to the others.  http://www.texmex.net/Products/foods.htm#RO*TEL
The 6 lb 6 oz cans of Contadina brand diced tomatoes is what I usually use
when canning salsa if I don't have enough home-grown.  I've about run out of
new ideas for salsa.  I've used gooseberries, cranberries, rhubarb, peaches,
pineapple, green apples, raisins etc etc.

Seems I was unsubscribed for a week or so.