Re: [CH] OT....drying oregano

Rael64 (z42dkm@yahoo.com)
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 16:18:28 -0700 (PDT)

I've dried oregano and various herbs on a sheet pan in the (non-gas) oven.  The 'warm' setting is usually below 200-F, which works fine.  As for timing, your guess is as good as mine.  It's been a while since I've done this, but I believe I left the door cracked open too so it wouldn't get too hot in there.  If you've some cooling or 'cookie' racks, you may help the process by putting the oregano on that first, and then putting the racks on a sheet pan.

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......
Rael"...seem to be missing emails...ah, life on the internet..."64