Re: [CH] OT....drying oregano

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Mon, 08 Sep 2008 18:33:46 -0500

lowell75@charter.net wrote:

> I hung in the garden shed and air dryed  last year without satisfactory results
> ...and I have a gas oven which  I'm leery of. Would anyone recommend another approach?

Does the gas oven have a pilot light or is it too modern and uses a
spark igniter?

If the oven has a pilot light it is perfect for dehydrating herbs and
chilies. Really. I used to use that setup at Planet Zarkon whilst I
was resident there.

Now days I have a cabinet above my refrigerator which I use (among
other things) to rise bread, dry herbs/chilies, and keep my crackers
and potato chips nice and crispy after I have opened the container.
Works well, it does.

Just a couple thoughts.

--
ENJOY!!!

 From Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of YAHOOOOAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider

... Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping
reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree,
something is wrong. -- George Carlin