Re: [CH] rice cooker help, please!

Jim Graham (spooky130u@gmail.com)
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:44:53 -0600

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 12:47:51PM -0800, Rael64 wrote:
> The simple answer is, yes, too much water.  Don't add extra for any
> kind of rice.

I discovered this this morning after posting the original e-mail.
I didn't post a followup at the time, as I had to get ready for
my cancer support group meeting.  But yes, I did find a link
(http://www.wikihow.com/Cook-Rice-in-a-Rice-Cooker) that went into
more detail.

> The long-winded answer is:

> If the instructions that came with the rice

No instructions came with the rice.  It has the usual nutritional
info, some Thai, and "Jasmine Brown Rice" on the label.

> If the cooker instructions said add more water for brown jasmine rice,

Actually, the cooker's instructions only refer to "brown rice" and
"white rice" ... nothing beyond that.  They do have a little section
where they mention Jasmine rice, but they don't say much about it.

> Regardless, the only reason sticky rice is born is too much water.

Thanks.  That's a good "general rule" that I hope to remember....

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)                  |        |\      _,,,---,,_
< Running FreeBSD 7.0 >           | ZZZzz  /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_