Re: [CH] I don't have a problem...

AndyB (CH2060@xemaps.com)
Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:36:32 -0400

Jim,

"...does the alcohol boost the minimal heat of the jalapeño?"

I have used grain alcohol to both preserve and dilute very hot chile sauce (e.g. puréed Red Savinas), and it did dilute the heat.

However, it is possible that the alcohol could aid in extracting the capsaicin from the fruit -- if so, this could make it hotter.  ... Marinating Lemon Drops in vodka for a month can give one a new experience <G>.

AndyB