Re: [CH] First Time Post

Linda Hutchinson (lipant@sympatico.ca)
Mon, 13 Jul 2009 08:35:14 -0400

Hi Fred!  Welcome to the group!  Yes we get off topic occasionally but it
always goes back to our main deal, the chilies.  I am in Toronto, and it's
been less than a great year for growing, but my chilies are doing extremely
well.
Do you grow indoors at all?  I have a hydroponic set up and they do well
that way too.

Glad to see you onboard!

Linda

----- Original Message -----
From: fmccarter@cinci.rr.com
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Sent: Monday, July 13, 2009 8:06 AM
Subject: [CH] First Time Post

I just joined the list and wanted to say HELLO to everyone.
I have been reading about coffee and bacon and other things, but not much
about peppers.
I have a small garden here in the state of Ohio. My garden has 168 pepper
plants this year - from high sweet to heavy heat.
I enjoy them all. I started eating the Hungarian's and the Jalapeno's last
week. My Jalapeno's have lots of heat and flavor, but the Hungarian's only
have heat. Perhaps with the cool weather this week they will produce more
sugar for more flavor. Anyhow, that time of year is here for fresh peppered
food! Enjoy your day,
They call me PepperHeadFred...