Re: [CH] Coffee and "Bacon"

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Wed, 15 Jul 2009 16:50:58 -0400

Have not really noticed that.  Then again I make sure the pork butts I'm using
have not been pre injected at the processing plant.  It is getting harder to
find pork that has not been processed this way, and many folks don't seem to
notice.

Seems the pork marketers listened closely to the public's constant droning
about wanting leaner foods, and poked and prodded the pigs to the point where
they finally had achiever "The Other White Meat."  Problem is, the color of
the meat has no bearing on it's fat content, and the resulting product was so
dry and tasteless they've been resorting to injecting brine to make up for it.
 I say just bring back the fatty hogs...

On Wed, 15 Jul 2009 13:22:55 -0700, Dana H. Myers wrote

--
=Mark

http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens