Re: [CH] Post Fields Post (warning: includes stupid beginner questions)

Punto (punto@inch.com)
Mon, 05 Oct 2009 10:04:13 -0400

Ted, Jonathan,

Thanks for the advice/warnings. I went out a couple of days ago and
bought cheap (I can't see any point in pretending that you can taste a
whole lot of the booze that has had chiles soaking in it) bottles of
tequila and vodka and tossed in some pods (some whole little yellow and
skinny red ones [hey, they conveniently fit in the bottle-neck] and the
vodka had visibly darkened within 24 hours. The color of the tequila was
already brown/yellow, so it looks about the same. A small taste of each
of them confirms that the heat and flavor are steeping into both. I'll
probably give them a few more days of monitoring by taste{it's rough,
but somebody's got to do it) before I fish out the chiles. It seems a
shame, since they look so attractive in the bottles, but I'd rather not
have something that I have to hold my nose to drink.

Peter Hirsch