Re: [CH] Post Fields Post (warning: includes stupid beginner questions)

Punto (punto@inch.com)
Mon, 05 Oct 2009 10:21:32 -0400

Kris, (and Alex),

I did manage to stumble on the database and it has been helpful. I also
cheated and sent Brother Jim pics of the ones most in question and he
confirmed that nearly all of them are "somewhat warm" (as in six figure
Scoville ratings). Forewarned is forearmed!

I have powered up the Cyclone Home Dehydrator and also put some of the
peppers that are larger in diameter in a 175° oven and this has worked
like a charm (fortunately, this has only unleashed beguiling aromas and
has not simulated gas-warfare in my apartment - keeping the window wide
open may have something to do with this).

Finally, I roasted all my pimientos on the stove top and the result
tasted wonderful, though the process wasn't as dramatic and cool as
Hobby's flame-thrower method.

Thanks for the input and the greeting. I was so overloaded with new
names and faces, I can't recall exactly which of my new friends you are,
Kris. Maybe you could let me know where you were encamped and what your
site looked like and I'll take glance at my hundreds of photos that I
took that weekend.

Thanks again,

Peter Hirsch