Re: [CH] Yellow Bhut Jolokia

JohnT (love2troll@kc.rr.com)
Sat, 21 Nov 2009 07:58:24 -0600

Doug writes:

> Dunno, John...I sent that gentleman who resides in Old Humpshire some
> Caribbean Red Hots to give to another gentleman who kept saying he could
> eat ANYTHING HOT! Anyway, he told me that those Red Hots were too hot for
> him, so bhuts would blow his oxygen tank right offa his shoulder!!
> Better ask him if he wants some salsa first!! :-))

Hi Doug,

Great to hear from you!  And my best to Marie.

The last salsa turned out too hot for my tastes.  Hadn't made any salsa for
well over a year & am glad to be back canning again.  First batch had too
much cumin for my taste buds
http://www.fototime.com/D4EB3012B0F7D21/orig.jpg
and the last batch was just too darn hot for me.
http://www.fototime.com/425E5C3804F4F20/orig.jpg  I didn't know the
can of rocotos that I got in a care package would be so hot.
http://www.fototime.com/A640AF4A37C42E4/standard.jpg
http://www.fototime.com/AEA6BF8CBD220B9/standard.jpg

And what a care package it was!
http://www.fototime.com/4CD82E8AF89ED0F/orig.jpg

I'm having the tomato/peach tested by my official Centuria, WI
taste tester this weekend and plan to get the tomato/rocoto out to
him, a skunk and that guy in Old Humpshire on Monday.  And
hopefully will get something different made this weekend.

Hot regards!

jt