Re: [CH] Turkey Knuckles

AndyB (CH2060@xemaps.com)
Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:52:16 -0500

Doug Irvine wrote:
> Well Andy, I was always under the impression that Doug was the Chief
> KnuckleDreagger in your family!
Doug does tend to drag 'em a little further and deeper than I do.  After
all, he is the inventor of the Evil Cookies
(http://abarnhart.com/faq/r.htm - R004).
> You taught him all he knows????
Not exactly.

It all started many moons ago when Doug was a tyke, with an
unintentional,  miss-fired,  reverse-psychology of mine.  It was the
first time that I took Doug to a Hunan restaurant -- I was not yet a
CH.  I ordered Hunan pork for myself, and moo shu pork for Doug.  I
figured that Doug could have fun rolling up the moo shu in the
"pancakes" that came with it.

When the food arrived, Doug, always curious, said that he wanted to try
my Hunan pork.  I said that it was *far to spicy-hot for him*.  Just
guess who wound up rolling the moo shu in the pancakes.

In fact, some years ago, Doug tried to teach his dad a thing or two
about _the heat_, but, that's another story.
> From a very relieved old Doug in BC whose better half, Marie had a
> pacemaker installed Friday night after an exceedingly stressful week
> of hospital, then ICU, a stopped heart necessitating CPR which cracked
> a rib. At 80 she now should be good for go another 20 years!!
Please give Marie my best wishes.
> Old Doug still eating chile peppers at 84! AND still going strong!
AndyB