Re: [CH] Kung Pao Shrimp

AndyB (CH2060@xemaps.com)
Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:49:45 -0400

Risa,

Thanks for the tip.  Penzeys does sell dried "Tien Tsin" chili peppers, the URL is
    http://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeystientsin.html

The page says:
   "Traditional for Asian cooking. Very hot, bright red, 1-2" Chinese pods.
    Add whole to soup, stir-fry and other dishes.  Use to make pepper oil."

Sounds like a good choice. Penzeys says that they are 60 KSU, while cayenne is only 40 KSU.

AndyB