Re: [CH] OT: smoker questions (fwd)

Gard Meddaugh (gardm@pacbell.net)
Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:58:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

  I thought I'd add my experience.  I used a 22˝" Weber and put briquettes in a short, squat [1# chopped Anaheims] can.  When the briquettes were hot I put wet hardwood chips on them and filled the rest of the grill with skinless chicken parts and onions.  Hard to get anything but large dead chickens on the lower S.F. Peninsula.

  I had to replenish the chips every half hour or so and the briquettes every hour so good thing to do while working in the yard.  After 4 hours, had well-smoked chicken.  They still needed a bit of cooking 'tho.

  Poblanos are looking good; the rest are still in bloom.

    cheers,

      Gard

 "Only one thing is impossible for God: To find any sense in any copyright law on the planet." - Mark Twain