Re: [CH] OT Mushroom Picking

Helen L Gillis (helengillis@earthlink.net)
Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:56:07 -0400

Jose -
I spent many afternoons Schwammerlsuchen with my mother who grew up in
Austria.  From what I understand and from my college classes, the more
humid and warm the better.  We've had such a hot & dry summer in New
England, there are no mushrooms.  Have you had any rain in Chicago?   If
not, no shrooms will come...
As for recipes...   any thing with sauteed mushrooms with hot peppers,
cream & cheese works for me!!!
Hot regards - Helen