Re: [CH] Spice mill or grinder - Follow-up

Terry Pogue (tpogue@comcast.net)
Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:45:49 -0400

I think you'll find the 5200 model vitamix with the variable speed dial you best bet. Watch the videos on the Vitamix site and you'll see what I mean. There is also a "dry" grind container that grinds rice or other things like that into powder. I think that will be what will work for you best for your dried chiles. I am ordering two of the dry grinders today for the two 5200 model machines I have bought. I'll use mine for making confectioners' sugar, rice and chicken pea flour. many many things. I have found that I use the VM more and more as I get to know the machine. It's no toy - trust me. This is the machine you'll find in professional kitchens.
terry
ps. you'll not need to modify the blades for flours. You'll have to try it on the dried chiles but I wouldn't think you'd have to but then I supposed on lots of things.

  Terry Pogue 

My Foodie Photos
http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrypogue/collections/