Re: [CH] no response

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Thu, 30 Sep 2010 07:07:43 -0700

  On 10-09-30 3:08 AM, Gary Smith wrote:
> I've received no response to my request for help in
> identifying a chile cultivar growing in my garden.
>
> I would really appreciate some feedback with this.
>
> I can repost the info and images but I don't want to spam.
>
> gary

I must echo Dave's post. I am on my Macbook and/or iPad at least 5 - 6
hours a day, as I am on numerous food, heart, and Hammond Organ lists(I
sold and serviced them for over 25 years)and I this is the first time I
have seen your post also.  I am growing two different peppers this year,
Thai dragons from my saved seed, and what was labeled Tabasco is
certainly NOT! They are shaped like a jal, and have ended up orange!
Still producing as are the Thais.  But I have no idea what they are
either. Good though!
Take pictures, post them somewhere and send the URL of where you posted
them! OR send a picture to Jim at wildpepper dot com, he has grown so
many different peppers for the Open Fields over many years, and he
likely will know or know someone who does know.
Speaking of Open Fields, Jim wanted me to come to one for many years
after he was so kind as to visit us away out here on Vancouver Island
where the next land stop is Japan. To my everlasting regret, for a
number of reasons, mostly health related, we were unable to reciprocate,
so we missed meeting a bunch of chile heads, and I look at the pictures
wistfully.
Cheers,

old Doug Irvine on Vancouver Island BC Canada