Re: [CH] Red Savina vs. Bhut Jolokia

dan combs (dcombs@bloomington.in.us)
Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:45:41 -0400

Krogers has a small 1/2 pint clamshell of  alleged "Ghost" Bhut
Jolokias for $3.99, fresh, from Uesugi Farms, Inc. of Gilroy, Calif.
95020.  I thought they looked like Red jamakes or maybe even a
Savina, but I bought them anyway.  I stared at them for two nights
and then popped a quarter of one in my mouth and went to bed.  Not
much to them.

I emailed Chile Woman and told her I wanted a few Bhuts and took the
tray out to her to show her.  She agreed they were red habs of some
kind.  I got some Bhuts from her and now I am staring at them,
wondering about how sane I am.  She said she'd tried the Bhuts and
wasn't interested in repeating the experience.  But my point is faux
Bhuts appear to have arrived.

carpo