RE: [CH] Side dishes???

Christopher E. Eaves (cea260@airmail.net)
Sat, 24 Jul 1999 20:33:21 -0500

Here's a good one!! With or without the chicken.

* Exported from MasterCook *

            Southwest Chicken Potato Salad (4 or 6 WW Points)

Recipe By     :Typed into MC5 and WW Points added by hdeacey@sympatico.ca
(07/23/99)
Serving Size  : 6     Preparation Time :0:10
Categories    :

  1 1/2         pounds  new potatoes -- (5 or 6 medium), cut into 3/4" cubes
     1/4           cup  water
     1/4           cup  fat-free mayonnaise -- or salad dressing (see Note
1)
     1/4           cup  fat-free sour cream -- (see Note 2)
     1/4           cup  salsa
  1 1/2           cups  cooked chicken -- or turkey, cubed
  1                cup  tomato -- seeded and chopped (1 large)
  1                cup  corn -- frozen, thawed (see Note 3)
  1               drop  Tabasco sauce -- (see Note 4)
  2        tablespoons  olives, small -- sliced, drained

Place potatoes and water in 2-quart microwavable casserole.  Cover and
microwave on High 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
Mix mayonnaise, sour cream and salsa in large bowl.  Gently stir in
remaining ingredients.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours until chilled.

Serves 6

Nutritional Value as per original recipe:  Calories 275, Fat 12g,
Cholesterol 40mg, Sodium 220mg, Carbohydrate 32g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Protein
13g.
Diet Exchanges:  2 Starch, 1 Lean Meat, 1 Fat. WW Points = 6

Nutritional Value from MC on which I based my own Point count using fat-free
products:
Calories 199, Fat 2g, Cholesterol 31mg, Sodium 246mg, Carbohydrate 31g,
Dietary Fiber 3g Protein 15g
Food Exchanges: 1-1/2 Starch, 1-1/2 Meat, 1/2 Vegetable, Other
Carbohydrates: 1/2 WW Points = 4
.
Note 1:  Original recipe called for regular mayonnaise or salad dressing
Note 2:  Original recipe called for regular sour cream
Note 3:  Original recipe called for 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel
Note 4:  Original Recipe called for 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies,
drained

Recipe also said to spice this south-of-the border salad, add 1 jalapeno
chili, seeded and finely chopped, instead of the green chilies.

  "Add a little Mexican twist to ever-popular potato salad"
Source:
  "Betty Crocker Summer 1999 Salads! Pg60"
Start to Finish Time:
  "2:22"
T(Chill):
  "2:00"

Per serving: 199 Calories (kcal); 2g Total Fat; (10% calories from fat); 15g
Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 31mg Cholesterol; 246mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0
Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

Christopher E. Eaves
Fort Worth, Texas