Re: [CH] Chlorine treatment

yoda (yoda@clark.net)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 23:01:21 -0400

8 drops of 6% bleach solution ( sodium hypochlorite and water ) will
sterilize 1 gallon of clear water in about 20 minutes.

If ~10 drops/ml and 240ml/cup I get about 260 gallons not 10,000 gallons

I use 4 pounds of bleach powder (90%) per week to keep my pool clean
30,000 gallons @ 3ppm and that is not sterile, just reduced critter
counts. Sterile is about 3 times that rate.

Tap water is near 2 ppm here, and that is certainly not sterile.

--
Jim W		My opinions are just that; not my employer's or my wife's!
!! Do not assume that your freedoms are assured !! The truth is out