Re: [CH] sauce

green56 (green56@PioneerPlanet.infi.net)
Sat, 08 Jan 2000 11:48:02 -0600

Dave Drum wrote:

> Emile & Dewi wrote:
> >

> > I've been using the same hot sauce for about 10 years now.

> > The name of the sauce is: Tuong ot sriracha. At
> > least that is what it says on the bottle. The address on the bottle is Huy
> > Fong Foods, Inc in Rosemead, CA.

> I call that "Who Flung Foo" or Rooster Sauce (for the Rooster on the
> label). When next you look at the Oriental market see if they have one
> called Toung Ot An Pho Sriracha - with 3 bells on the label.

>  I prefer it to the Huy
> Fong because it is less sweet, moderately warmer, and much more garlicky
> - and you can't have TOO MUCH garlic.  <GGG>

Otay, 'Heads.  Lettuce confuse me even more...

Dave the "rooster" rang a "bell"...  ;)

*But* mine's "Tuong ot toi Viet-Nam."  Huy Fong Foods, Rosemead, CA, etc.  It's
called "Chili Garlic Sauce" in English on the back...

Izz this yet another sauce from these folks, the Rooster folks???  How many do
they make????  Anybody try this one?  How does it rate as compared to the Tuong
ot sriracha they make?  And the one you like, Dave, from the bell folks?

green