Re: [CH] sauce tasting

Charles P Demas (cpd@world.std.com)
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 16:20:36 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 MiltonCHILEHEAD@aol.com wrote:

> Our new local fire-eaters club has decided to have a 'home-made' hot sauce
> contest.  What are the best ways of 'tasting' sauces - we're trying to think
> of something that won't impart any strange flavors on the sauce.  We were
> thinking of just using teaspopns but thought that there might be something
> better (my choice - turkey slices!)
> Any help or suggestions (including items that cleanse the palate for the next
> round) would be greatly appreciated!

The one sauce judging I participated in used taco chips.  They're
relatively bland and give something easy to dip with.  You could also use
soda or oyster crackers I suppose.

As for cleansing, there was yogurt, but beer might work well.  Soda does
not.  Crackers and bread also help.

Chuck Demas
Needham, Mass.

  Eat Healthy    |   _ _   | Nothing would be done at all,
  Stay Fit       |   @ @   | If a man waited to do it so well,
  Die Anyway     |    v    | That no one could find fault with it.
  demas@tiac.net |  \___/  | http://www.tiac.net/users/demas