Re: [CH] sauce tasting

=Mark (mstevens@exit109.com)
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:49:48 -0500

At 04:20 PM 1/18/00 -0500, Charles P Demas wrote:
>On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 MiltonCHILEHEAD@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Our new local fire-eaters club has decided to have a 'home-made' hot sauce
>> contest.  What are the best ways of 'tasting' sauces - we're trying to
think
>> of something that won't impart any strange flavors on the sauce.  We were
>> thinking of just using teaspopns but thought that there might be something
>> better (my choice - turkey slices!)

If you have a local food service supply store you should be able to
purchase food sampling spoons like the ones supermarkets and specialty
stores use when giving out tastes of their products.  They are white
plastic, about 2 inches long and look like a larger plastic version of the
ones that were used in a medicinal fashion 20 or so years ago...

I paid about $5 for a box of about 2000 of them.

                    =Mark "Runs With Scissors" Stevens

                @ http://www.exit109.com/~mstevens @
                                  @ ICQ# 2059548 @

                Where ya' from?