Re: [CH] Today's Bread Experiment

tucker (tucker@ticon.net)
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 13:10:01 -0600

RST G wrote:

> I know nothing is as hot as THE BREAD ...
>
>   Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
> --------  ------------  --------------------------------
>    2      tsp           bread enhancer (omit if you don't have) ...

  Ok, I really hate to do this because I'm sure this is a completely stupid
question. But so far we've only used our bread machine with pre-packaged
mixes of various types. I recall seeing another recipe very recently with
this listed as one of the ingredients; but I don't really know what the heck
it is. Is it just a powder of some sort that you find in the baking aisle?
And how exactly does it "enhance" the bread? Flavor wise, or baking /
rising?

Sorry,

Thanks,

Erich  (Unfortunately having to show a bit of culinary ignorance, with head
hung very low...)
C-H # 2099     Bread-Head#    - (as in negative) 0001