Re: [CH] Other White Stuff - Greywater

Calvin Donaghey (gdonaghey@bitstreet.com)
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 20:44:27 -0600

Gareth-
I'm saving water now from the sink, but my house is on a slab foundation so
that's about all the separating I can do.  Also, the last 2 significant rains we
had (June and September, I think) I set my 2" pump in the street and pumped water
into the yard.  I can't use that method for peppers because someone down the
street may use weed killer on their grass.  Great for the lawn and pecan trees,
though.  My back garden gets water with a hose pierced with 1/8 inch plastic
tubes at each plant. The hose, of course, stays put once set around the plants.
I attach the irrigation hose to the faucet and run it about 15 -20 minutes per
week right now.  The plant and surrounding soil gets water, but the spaces
between are pretty dry.  I know this is hard on the plants because they send
roots several feet, but it does conserve water.
Calvin